EFP 88: Improving The Salability Of Your Online Business In 2014
We’re four months into 2014 already and it’s been a fast-paced year of change. For example, we’ve sold more than $240K worth of businesses already this year and have a renewed focus on our marketplace. With our shift to the marketplace and doubling down on website buyers and sellers, we wanted to talk more about increasing your business’ salability.
Making Your Online Business More Appealing to Buyers
Today, Joe and I discuss how you can make your website sale more attractive to prospective buyers. We’ve actually sold a lot of our own websites through Flippa before we started up our own marketplace. Naturally, that gave us a lot of practice and we saw plenty of trends that either worked for us or against us.
Don’t wait until you’re ready to sell to listen to this episode. Start implementing these changes now so you can both reap the benefits of your increased monthly earnings and so you can sell for a higher multiple in the future.
Check Out This Week’s Episode Here:
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- Documenting your business and making the transfer as easy as possible.
- When and when not to automate a task (pros and cons.)
- Being honest with the time required to run your business.
- Limiting your points of failure.
- Laying out your business’ history on what has worked and what hasn’t.
- List Your Website On Our Marketplace!
- How To Sell Your Site With Us
- Virtual Staff Finder
- Chris Ducker’s Virtual Freedom
- “Keep your expenses lean. This isn’t absolutely critical for a sale, but it will cost you as the seller.” -Justin – Tweet This!
What have you been doing to increase your business’ salability this year? Let us know on SpeakPipe or comment below!
Photo Credit: Steve Jurvetson via Flickr