Empire Flippers Marketplace Changelog 2023
Download your Bill of Sale
The Bill of Sale is your proof from Empire Flippers that you either bought or sold a business through our Marketplace. With this update, you can now freely download your Bill of Sale at any time via the “Buying –> Purchases” section or “Selling –> Listing Submissions” (depending on if this was a purchase or a sale).
Connect your Shopify Store
Now Shopify store owners can connect their store with the Empire Flippers Shopify app. This will automatically pull your store’s financial data for use in your Listing on the Empire Flippers Marketplace. This will both save you time in getting your Listing live and boost buyer confidence in the accuracy of your financial figures.
Crypto Withdrawal Rule Changes
To keep up with increasing crypto transaction fees by our upstream provider we are now enforcing a small fee for those who wish to withdraw their wallet funds via Crypto.
YouTube Channel Filters
We’ve now added the ability to specifically search & filter for YouTube channel businesses
- Now for Shopify businesses on the Empire Flippers Marketplace we can automatically pull in their latest sales data using the Shopify API
- This will speed up the Vetting Process for sellers of Shopify businesses and add further confidence to the Buyers of Shopify Businesses that all numbers are verified.
New Wallet Transaction Types
Now that more and more Empire Flippers Referral Partners are receiving payments for referring Listings, we’ve now added specific “Seller Referral Fee” & “Buyer Referral Fee” transaction types to the Wallet area for better record-keeping.
Automated Seller Interviews
This feature automates the way we do seller interviews by creating a seller interview task when the listing is published. The seller can then record their seller interview on our platform, at their convenience, greatly speeding up the seller interview process.
SaaS Metrics Filters
We’ve added additional SaaS metrics, such as Churn % and MRR, to the filters on our marketplace.
Buyer Offers Layout Update
This new layout makes it easier for buyers to distinguish between current and past offers.
- Buyers and sellers can now see if there are offers pending Empire Flippers approval in their offers dashboard.
- When circulation ends, the seller has time to review new offers and either finalize the previously accepted offer or accept a new one.
- If the seller accepts a new counteroffer, circulation will start again.
When the buyer confirms a seller counteroffer, the seller will receive a notification informing them of this.
The improved saved filters feature
New “Create Filter” flow on the marketplace. Saved filters in the sidebar have a new design.
Circulation Optional For Automated Listings
This feature improves the automated listing experience for sellers, allowing them to circulate the offer on an automated listing.
Updated WordPress Marketplace Price Filter
It is now easier for mobile users to filter listings using price. Users can also automatically show the numeric keypad when the price filter is selected.
Login/sign up with Google
People can create an Empire Flippers account with their Google account.
Verify Email by 6 Digit Code
It’s now even easier for users to register via the sell your site page. The user will receive a six-digit code email verification rather than the verification email link. They must then input the 6-digit code into the pending verify email task on their seller’s dashboard.
Require Password Upon Registration
The following pages will now require you to create a password if you haven’t already. It costs nothing to create an account and it comes with a range of free benefits.
- Sell Your Site Flow
- Valuation Tool Flow
- Unlock Flow
- Buyer Persona Quiz Flow
Continued UX Updates
- “Total Verified Funds” has been moved into the “Verify Funds” section on the verification my account page.
- Added a “For Buyers” badge to the “Verify Funds” section on the verification my account page.
- The “Verification” tab on the my account page has been moved to the beginning.
- A back button has been added to the valuation tool and on the buyer calendar.
Updates for Creating Full List Offers
The design for making offers has been updated and changed into a 3-step process:
- Step one shows the important information about placing offers and the circulation process
- Step two is where you can enter the offer details
- On the offer details step, users can now select “Full list” and “100% upfront” offer, which if checked, will skip the circulation.
This update improves the migrations onboarding process for both Buyers & Sellers. Before arriving at the migrations dashboard, users will first visit the new onboarding flow to get both types of users familiar with the migration process.
This update improves the onboarding process for Sellers. After finishing the sell your site process, it will now redirect sellers to the new onboarding page. When the seller has completed the Final Valuation task, it will also redirect them to a new final valuation onboarding page.
When sellers submit a business for sale, they’ll get this reminder to make sure all the information they are providing is correct. It’s always a good idea to double-check, so this reminder helps everything to run smoother and get businesses listed quicker.
Update Extended-ID Call Instructions for Customers
This update has improved the extended ID call popup for users who are required to undergo an extended ID verification check.
Sharing Credentials with Buyer
Migrations just got easier… Sellers will now be able to securely share sensitive login credentials with Buyers via the Migrations dashboard inside of the ‘View Credentials Task’.
More Tasklist UX Updates
- Your account now instantly creates email and ID verification tasks if the user hasn’t completed them.
- All other tasks are disabled until the above are completed.
- Updated loader to clearly indicate the platform is still generating tasks.
- Wizard steps have been updated to have a more granular focus on the process.
Hide Empire Flippers Bank Account Details
Non-ID verified users will not be able to add funds to their wallet or view the Empire Flippers bank account details.
Tasklist UX Updates
- Seller dashboard hides pending tasks when the business is sold and migration is completed or rejected.
- Collapsible header for tablet and mobile devices.
- Updated information for “Grant Access to your Google Account”.
Updates to VT Results Page
When you use our valuation tool, you don’t just get a free valuation. You also get a whole bunch of information on the types of buyers you can expect for your business as well as tips on how to sell. For the businesses that don’t meet our minimum requirements, we updated the VT results page to give you some tailormade advice.
Number of Actions Needed in Menu
This update focuses on prioritizing what is shown to users as they progress through different stages of the buying/selling process. Certain tabs will be hidden if they are not showing any data yet. We’ve also focused the notification numbers for each tab so that they only show a number count for pending actions (instead of the total number of items).
View Messages UX Updates in Seller/Buyer Dashboards
The ticket buttons for both Buyer and Seller dashboards now show a counter of the unread messages.
Save Answers to Questions Task
Sellers who are now completing their vetting initial questions task do not need to worry anymore about losing their inputted answers as we now save them to the task automatically.
Referral Program Onboarding
If you want to become a part of our referral program, we’ve now streamlined and improved the application form.
Search Terms in Saved Filters
Looking for something specific? Buyers can now filter listings on multiple keywords using the new Search Terms filter. E.g. “outdoors” or “cycling”.
The filter looks at the following fields:
- Listing Number
New Listing Purchase Wire Page
Want to find details on how to add funds to your Wallet and wire us funds after purchasing a business?
Look no further and check out the new updated listing purchase wire page here: https://empireflippers.com/listing-purchase-wire/
Marketplace UX Improvements
We added the following updates to our marketplace:
- Added arrow icon to niche column in table view
- Centered icons in Seller Interview, PBN, Trademark columns table view
- Added -> Clear Filters X
- ‘Find Similar Listings’ button for pending sold status listings
Filter by Domain Rank + Filter UX Updates
Search for listings by Domain Rating!
- Added Ahrefs Domain Rating filter
- Filter UX updates – we have revamped the filter settings sidebar to have a cleaner experience by hiding advanced filter options inside of a collapsible menu.
Listing Details UX Improvements
- Added Ahrefs tooltip and updated logo
- Remove extra white spaces on the listing details page mobile view
- Add vertical overflow to site links when more than 6 links
- Updated the Watchlist button UI
- Schedule Seller Call button – Added a tooltip with information for when a listing is not available for calls
Show 3rd Party Data Providers
On the listing details page, we now display all of the third-party providers that we review during our strict vetting process.
Seller Advisor Task Updated
Schedule a call with a seller advisor task has had more information added to it.
Final Offer Improvements
We added a ‘View Details’ button to final offers allowing the buyer to view their offer.
We also added a ‘Payment Details’ button to the offer details popup if the offer is final.
Enter Password UX Updates
A password strength indicator has been added when users enter new passwords. Also included is a show/hide functionality.
Add Referral Cookie to Subdomains
You can now use subdomains with referral codes – for example: https://support.empireflippers.com/hc/en-us?referrer=7XITTIDCQ4XIG766
- Clarity for partners and more options to share content
- This could drive more traffic to Empire Flippers’ website and thus more referrals for partners.