EFP 185: The ClickMinded Journey
In episode 184 of our podcast, we talked about two very different people — Pressure Peter and Secure Steven. In this episode, we sit down with Tommy Griffith who was more of a Secure Steven and waited a long time to make the leap and leave his job.
Tommy went from running SEO at PayPal and AirBnB to sitting in an AirBnb rental in Bali, completely unsure about his next steps. We review how he built ClickMinded from a small, local, in-person training course to an online training platform and uncover his successes and failures along the way.
He’s a fascinating and inspiring guy, so this is an interview you definitely don’t want to miss!
Check Out This Episode:
Direct Download – Right Click, Save As
Topics Discussed This Week:
- SEO at PayPal (And then AirBnB) + Side Project
- Going Full Time on ClickMinded
- Where is ClickMinded going?
- Tommy Grififth @ Click Minded
- Empire Flippers Podcast Ep183
- Tropical MBA Podcast Interview with Tommy Grififth
- EF Listing # 44987 in the News and Education Niche
- EF Hiring Ruby on Rails Developer
- Meet up
- Paul Graham @ Doing Things That Don’t Scale
- App Sumo @ Noah Kagan
- Jungle Scout
- Four Hour Work Week
- Tropical MBA
- Burning The Boats Blog Post
- Dan Norris
- Vincent Nguyen @ Growth Ninja
- SEO Strategy Guide
- Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
- SEO Checklist
- Matt and Liz @ E-Business Institute
Spread the Love:
“There’s a natural moat around getting out of the basement and getting out into the real world.” – Tommy – Tweet This!
“It’s much more advantageous to get those users and get a little bit of momentum going and don’t worry about anything else.” – Tommy – Tweet This!
“I give away a lot in the beginning for something that looks more interesting [in the end].” – Tommy – Tweet This!