EFP 190: Founding Mercury Bank w/ Immad Akhund
In this episode, I talk with successful startup founder Immad Akhund about his background and latest company — Mercury Bank. Joe recently had a chat with Immad, and we jumped at the idea of having him come onto the show.
Immad is a 4-time founder and recently exited HeyZap for $45M. Instead of retiring, he decided to launch another startup — Mercury.
Mercury is a bank for startups with benefits that separate it from the competition. Listen in to learn more about how the business got started, its future plans, and what it takes to repeatedly launch successful businesses.
Immad has a fascinating story and tons of great advice, so this is an episode you don’t want to miss. You can listen to it below.
Check Out This Episode:
Topics Discussed This Week:
- Starting A Bank
- Benefits Of Mercury (Vs. The Competition)
- What’s The Long-Term Plan For Mercury?
- Immad Akhund @ Mercury
- EF Listing # 45450 a Package of Sites in Multiple Monetization in the Decorations Niche
- Simple Bank
- AH Refs
- Alpha Investors
- Flipping Websites
- Empire Flippers Bug Bounty Policy
- Tyler Bishop EF Post How to Increase the Sale Price of a Website Through Ad Revenue
- Craig Campbell on Getting Started in Digital Marketing
Spread the Love:
“The people that actually serve the customer are the ones that are worth the most money, pretty much across the board, when it comes to fintech.” – Immad – Tweet This!
“Pretty much, we’re the only way to sign up online to a US business bank account.” – Immad – Tweet This!
“One of the things that’s fun about Mercury and why I want to do it is: banking is unbounded…there’s just so many places to go.” – Immad – Tweet This!