EFP 192: Mark Manson On Which Fucks To Give
In this episode, I had the incredible opportunity to talk with the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Mark Manson.
Mark went from being a relatively obscure blogger to a leading self-help author and bonafide public intellectual. He gave me free reign and was completely open regarding his struggles, success, and business.
Listen in as we discuss his story, his framework on deciding what to value in life, and the business side of being a bestselling author. We even get into Mark’s current collaboration with Will Smith (yeah…the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) to write his memoirs!
Whether you’ve read Mark’s books or not, this is an episode you don’t want to miss. Listen below and let us know what you think in the comments.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed This Week:
- Mark Manson’s Story
- The Business Of Being An Author
- The Writing Process
- Mark Manson
- Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- Will Smith
- Dynamite Circle/DCBKK 2019
- Kevin and Richard @ Bulk Buy Hosting
- Models – Attract Women Through Honesty Book by Mark Manson
- EF Listing # 46056 an Amazon FBA, Amazon FBM and eCommerce Business in the Personal Health Care Niche
- Tropical MBA Podcast
- Dave Huss @ Growth Scout
- Tim Ferriss @ Four Hour Work Week
- Sam Harris
- Jordan Peterson
- Mark Manson post about The Death of Tourism
- Derek Sivers @ Hell Yeah or No
- Harper Collins Publishers
- Barnes and Novel
- Tony Robbins
- Tim Urban @ Wait But Why
- Will Smith Youtube Channel
- Yes Theory Youtube
- Weekly Newsletter “Motherfucking Monday”
- Everything Is Fuck – The Book about Hope
- Chiang Mai SEO Conference 2019
- Matt Diggity
- Affiliate World Asia 2019
- EF Podcast Episode 190 Interview with Mercury Bank
- Tim Soulo @ AH Refs
- Eric Misterovich @ Revision Legal
- Financial Wolves
- Hacker Noon
- Blogging Wizard
Spread the Love:
“Ultimately, the experience of travel has diminishing returns…if you’ve been to 50 different countries and seen 50 different cultures, then that 51st doesn’t have that same significance or impact…” – Mark Manson – Tweet This!
“When there’s like 800 websites all flooding your news feed 24/7, what are the 2 or 3 that you’re going to pay attention to? That becomes an extremely important choice and, culturally, I don’t think we’ve quite caught up to that yet.” – Mark Manson – Tweet This!
“Ultimately, the trick with anxiety isn’t getting rid of it, it’s learning to cope with it and manage it well. I sometimes describe it as learning to channel it in the correct directions.” – Mark Manson – Tweet This!
“It’s unfortunate to say this, but publishers are kind of wisening up and realizing that people with large online followings are worth a lot more money.” – Mark Manson – Tweet This!
“Art is an interactive experience. Art happens when it’s not just my creativity, it’s when my creativity interacts with the people who read it.” – Mark Manson – Tweet This!