From Algorithms to Artistry: The Birth of an AI Writing Tool with Matt Zimmerman [Ep.136]
The keyboard is mightier than the sword.
AI-powered writing tools are making it easier than ever to create quality content at scale.
Yet, with the market flooded by a deluge of AI-backed software, finding the perfect tool for your needs can be tough.
Plus, once you discover a tool that suits your needs, mastering how to use it effectively is often a roadblock to success.
It was while he was learning the ins and outs of one of these tools that Matt Zimmerman was inspired to create an AI writer of his own.
Matt is the founder of ZimmWriter, a unique, AI-powered tool that allows you to harness the power of AI in thousands of applications and websites, whether it be WordPress, LinkedIn, or Google Docs.
In this episode, Matt gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to create an AI writer from scratch. He discusses the difficulties he ran into with backend prompting, and what separates ZimmWriter from all of the other tools on the market.
Matt has built a strong community around ZimmWriter, and this open line of communication has shaped the tool’s evolution. Through the community, he receives invaluable feedback about what his audience likes and dislikes, bugs they’ve spotted in the software, and suggestions about new features that they would like to see added to the tool.
Matt also discusses the pros and cons of using AI writers and explains the best way to use AI to enhance your content creation. According to Matt,
“AI is like a hammer. It’s just another tool in your toolbox. It can help you do your job faster, and you can do a lot of fine craftsmanship with it. But, like any other tool, you have to learn how to use it properly. You need the right training before you can expect good results.”
In a world where the keyboard reigns supreme, learning how to effectively leverage AI in your content creation is crucial, so don’t miss out on a second of this episode!
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #136
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Matt walks us through his background and the inspiration behind ZimmWriter (03:19)
- What sets ZimmWriter apart from other Ai writing tools (11:08)
- How community feedback influenced the development of ZimmWriter (16:55)
- The difficulties of backend prompting for AI tools (19:58)
- How Matt is slowly growing his Zimmwriter team (28:34)
- Marketing ZimmWriter and growing a Facebook community (30:58)
- Matt’s plans for the future of ZimmWriter (34:07)
- The pros and cons of using AI writing tools (40:18)
- Matts’s thoughts on AI replacing people’s jobs (48:29)
- The best way to incorporate ZimmWriter into your writing workflow (51:05)
- Empire Flippers Podcast
- Empire Flippers Marketplace
- Schedule a call with our expert sales advisors
- Create an Empire Flippers account
- Matt’s GetPrompted newsletter
Sit back, grab a coffee, and peek behind the curtain to see what goes into creating an AI-powered writing tool!