AFP 7: The Transparent Business Model
In Episode 7, we lay out some of the differences in the Old Vs. New ways of thinking and how that’s opened the path to success for the Transparent Business Model to bloom. Only a few years ago, Joe and I were convinced that a more secretive, “don’t feed your competitors” approach to business was THE best way to operate. In completely changing direction and approach with AdSenseFlippers, we’ve found a model that allows you to quickly expand your horizons and add opportunities to your business that we’d never thought were possible. We cover our journey from here to there with examples in this episode.
The Transparent Business Model
In particular, we look at the changes in the job or career market, the Closed Vs. Open system approach, and the Paid Vs. Free model as it applies to information.
Did you like this week’s episode? Make sure to let us know how you feel! Here’s the link to the podcast on iTunes. Thanks for the support!
Topics Discussed Include:
- Announcement for new AF Intern
- Amazing site sales in January
- Change in the “standard narrative” when it comes to career paths
- Difference between Closed and Open systems in terms of business strategy
- How to leverage authority vs. secrecy
- What used to be feeding your competitors now becomes building brand evangelists
- Give your customers what they need and, if you don’t have it, send them to those that do
- You don’t have to trade time for dollars. The new model allows you to work for alternative currencies. (loyalty, authority, evangelism, etc.)
- BuyOurSites Page on AdSenseFlippers.com
- New Intern: John DeVries from MotoVagabond.net – A new blog will be coming soon!
- Blog post about the jammed career escalator (Great read, here)
- Book mentioned: Free: The Future Of A Radical Price by Chris Anderson
- 7-Zip – Free archiving program
- Notepad ++ – Free advanced text editor
- Gimp – Free photoshop-type clone
- FileZilla – Free FTP program
- PuTTY – Free SSH program