EFP 193: Our 2020 Industry Predictions
It’s hard to believe that it’s 2020!
In 2019, Joe and I made a few predictions for what we thought would happen in our industry. In this episode, we look back to discuss which panned out and which didn’t.
It’s tough to predict what’s going to happen next week, never mind this new year, but we had quite a bit of interest and discussions around the episode we did last year, so I thought it would be interesting to do it again. Listen to the entire episode to find out what we predict for 2020 in the industry around buying, selling, and investing in online businesses.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed This Week:
- Reviewing Our 2019 Predictions
- Multiples Will Go Up Overall (Slightly?) – YES
- More Money Available In The $1M – $5M Range – YES & NO
- “Real” Brands Will Be What Buyers Are Looking For – YES
- More “Blended” eCommerce Businesses Listed/Sold – YES, Mostly
- We’ll Close Our First $5M+ Business – NO
- Making Our 2020 Predictions
- Continued Seller’s Market
- More Failures (And A Few Successes) With Funds + Investment Groups
- More SaaS Businesses ForSale/Sold At Empire Flippers
- More Content Sites For Sale? (Less proportional growth in 2019)
- “Slight” Increase In Multiples Across The Board
- More Offers + Negotiation (Less Full-List Purchases)
- Bonus: What If A Recession Hits?
- Reversal would happen (might even see early)
- Will show many more failures
- Even MORE SaaS businesses for sale (At GREAT multiples!)
- EF Listing # 46885 Package of Amazon Associate Sites in the Sports and Outdoor Niche
- Empire Podcast Prediction 2019
- Emilia Gardner Income Store Collapse Youtube Channel
- SEC Ponzi Schemes
- Nomad Summit
- White Label Expo
- Buying and Building Websites The Online Summit
- Prosper Show
- Traffic and Conversion Summit
- 2019 State of the Industry Report
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting predictions that came to fruition for you last year? Have a prediction for 2020 that you’d like to share? Either way, leave us a comment below or give us a shout on your favorite social media platform!