The Opportunity Ep.26: How to Build a Powerful Email List for Content Businesses
In this episode of The Opportunity Podcast, we will be speaking with Mark Soberman, a managing partner at Netpicks and portfolio owner who has acquired several assets from our marketplace. He explains his mindset behind buying and selling digital assets, and how he has used email lists to scale his acquisitions.
Mark explains the benefits of acquiring a business that is within a niche you are already familiar with and how to incorporate the assets into your existing portfolio. He dives deep into the value an email list holds, and how to perform due diligence on an acquisition to uncover the true value in the list. Mark describes how business owners can diversify their email service provider (ESP) to backup their lists, and how you can mitigate risk through traffic diversification. We also take a look at adding personality to your email campaigns and when you should be developing a relationship versus selling your product to subscribers.
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready to discover tips to improve your email marketing strategy and keep your email list engaged.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How to perform due diligence on an email list
- Different approaches for your email outreach campaigns
- Knowing when to outsource your operations
- What you gain from acquiring a business that is already profitable
* A quick update: one of our chosen listings is no longer on the marketplace but don’t get too disappointed! We have another great listing that ticks some of the same boxes. Listing #48704 a 4-site package affiliate business created in July 2017 in the legal niche making $126,202 on average per month in net profit.
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting insights on growth opportunities in online business? Know any useful tips when it comes to growth? Either way, leave us a comment below, give us a shout on your favorite social media platform, or leave us a great review if you’re loving the show.