Due Diligence War Stories from a Leading FBA Acquirer [EP. 39]
On this episode of The Opportunity Podcast, we will be speaking with Jeremy Bell, the Chief M&A officer for Elevate Brands. Elevate, a leading Amazon FBA acquirer, has grown to 22 brands in a short amount of time and has worked with the Empire Flippers marketplace to acquire high-quality businesses. Jeremy joins us to share his experience navigating due diligence on high-stakes deals and shares how these lessons apply to all buyers.
Jeremy shares how his past in the M&A space and pivoting away from brick & mortar towards digital acquisitions has lead to rapid development of the team and portfolio of Elevate Brands. Since FBA asset demand is intense, Jeremy clears up what buyers should look for in a potential acquisition and how to be clear on the value of a business early on in the process. He also shares his due diligence checklist, what a typical criteria list includes for a leading acquirer, and how sellers can exit plan so the entirety of their deal goes smoothly.
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready for a peek at the due diligence process for multi-million dollar FBA deals.
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #39
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How differentiating your brand from your competition can increase your valuation
- What a due diligence checklist should include for Amazon FBA business acquisitions
- Tips on how to optimize your Amazon FBA business to increase it’s value
- Due diligence war stories and what ecommerce buyers can learn from them
- How to optimize your logistics to keep from having P&L tracking issues
- Inventory management options that FBA sellers might want to consider
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting insights on growth opportunities in online business? Know any useful tips when it comes to growth? Either way, leave us a comment below, give us a shout on your favorite social media platform, or leave us a great review if you’re loving the show.