Protecting your Ad Spend: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Amazon PPC With Laura McCaul [EP. 60]
PPC can make or break FBA brands. Sometimes the line between investing in ad spend and wasting money is pretty thin. PPC is crucial to get your brand seen, but how do you do it in a way that helps, not hurts, your business?
This is an area that PPC expert Laura McCaul specializes in. Laura is the co-founder of Sponsored Profit, an agency that helps businesses attract the attention of customers through personalized Amazon PPC strategies.
In this episode, Laura explains how Amazon advertising can be a “pay to play” environment and how easy it is for sellers to spend a fortune on PPC campaigns that don’t generate sufficient results.
This is why Laura helped create the Misspend Prevention Method, a strategy that helps sellers avoid a money pit by cutting down on wasted ad spend by up to 50%. Laura also explains why PPC is an investment, not a cost, and how Amazon advertising can be a significant driver of revenue when used correctly.
We go through how to start a new PPC campaign and scale it from scratch, as well as how to kick your existing campaigns up a notch to reach a much bigger audience. Laura also discusses some of the common mistakes that FBA sellers make when using PPC and highlights the importance of building a recognizable brand instead of focusing solely on keywords.
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #60
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How Laura made her way into the online business world
- Why she moved away from selling on Amazon to help other business owners boost their sales
- The importance of PPC in the Amazon marketplace today
- How to build a successful PPC campaign from start to finish
- Why Amazon advertising is a long game, not a quick fix
- The biggest challenges people face with PPC
- The common mistakes that FBA sellers make when using PPC
- The ins and outs of the Misspend Prevention Method
- The best-hidden growth opportunities within PPC
- Empire Flippers Podcast
- Empire Flippers Marketplace
- Sponsored Profit
- The Amazon Advertising learning console
- Amazon ‘Ad Ready’ Checklist
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready to learn how to create powerful PPC campaigns that will transform your business!