5 Tactics To Getting More Views On Flippa
“If You build it, They will come.” Err…not really.
Simply listing your sites for sale on Flippa is not enough. In fact, if you don’t follow a few simple steps to setting up your auction correctly you may as well kiss your auction listing fee goodbye. There are plenty of sites that talk about what you can do to earn more and encourage bids on your auction, but we wanted to focus on the steps you can take to get viewers there in the first place.
It helps if you’re converting viewers to bidders, but if you don’t have enough viewers you’ll never get close to the auction’s true value. We’ve taken the research from hundreds of Flippa auctions and from our own listings to build the strategies we’re giving you below. There are pages and pages of unsold auctions on Flippa by owners that don’t understand where they went wrong with their auction. Don’t be one of them…
- Lots and lots of content – Many Flippa buyers liberally use the search functions to narrow down the listings to sift through the sites they want to buy. If you aren’t using the added functions or content areas on Flippa, how do you expect those buyers to find you? Additionally, if your description contains very few descriptive words, the use of keywords in the filter will not be able to find your content either. Make sure you provide plenty of descriptive terms in your auction to take full advantage of the site’s search traffic.
- Comment on your auction regularly – People want to look at auctions that are considered “hot”. Usually that would include the number of bids, but if you’re struggling to receive bids early, add comments to further explain further about your auction. The number of comments an auction has received are visible on the search results and they’ll check out your auction if it seems to be getting lots of comments or “buzz”. You don’t have to wait to respond to comments…so comment away!
- Lots of auctions – Ever wonder why sellers with multiple auctions going at the same time seem to get a lot of action? By having multiple auctions running at the same time you’re cross-promoting your auctions as potential buyers check you out. If one auction seems to be getting more traffic than another you can siphon traffic from one to another through comments and views to your profile.
- Featured Listings in the last 24 hours – Yeah, we know…$40 for a featured listing on Flippa is a bit steep, especially if your site is not high priced, but for any sites that are expected to sell for $500 or more, you’ll make up the $40 easily by being on the first page. Additionally, listing within the last 24 hours draws buyers on the first page to your auction, listing the auction in hours and minutes and increasing the urgency. You’re going to get most of your views in the last 24 hours anyway, but the featured listing can heavily increase your views during this time.
- Feature one listing and add others – In a combination of #3 and #4, you should add new listings at the same time you’re featuring another. This gives added value to your featured listing and more bang for your buck through cross-promotion. While auctions get most of their views in the last 24 hours, the second best time for views is in the first 24 hours while on the “New Listings” page.
Interested in finding out more ways to get views and traffic to your auctions? Want to know how to make more money from website sales?
Feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you!