How to Unlock the Hidden Growth Potential of Pinterest with Kate Ahl [Ep. 63]
How do you integrate your business into consumers’ lives and have your products playing on their minds, even when they’re not online? Today’s guest believes Pinterest is the key to deepening customer engagement.
In this episode, we talk to Kate Ahl, the founder of Simple Pin Media, a marketing agency that creates personalized Pinterest marketing strategies for online businesses. Kate also created the Simple Pin Podcast, a popular Pinterest-focused podcast that boasts over a million downloads.
Kate has a unique take on Pinterest, believing that it doesn’t fit in with the likes of Instagram and Facebook. She has often stated:
“Pinterest is very much like Google. It is not a social media platform, it is a search and discovery network.”
In this interview, Kate elaborates on this concept and explains how patience is a virtue when marketing on this unique platform – which can pay off handsomely. We also dig into what makes Pinterest users tick and how entrepreneurs can leverage Pinterest to grow their traffic and boost their brand awareness.
Kate walks us through how the pinning platform has changed over the years and the new trends that are shaping the Pinterest landscape. Taking these factors into account, Kate discusses the biggest challenges businesses face when using Pinterest and how to go about setting up a successful Pinterest marketing strategy for years to come.
If you feel like your Pinterest marketing is lacking that extra oomph, you don’t want to miss out on this episode!
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #63
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How Kate got started on Pinterest and the birth of Simple Pin Media (02:04)
- Why Pinterest is a search and discovery network, not a social media platform (07:52)
- How Pinterest can supplement your SEO to bring in floods of traffic to your site (09:19)
- How the Pinterest ecosystem has evolved over the years (14:18)
- What it takes to be successful and the trends driving Pinterest today (17:27)
- The Pinterest Verified Merchant Program and buying intent on Pinterest (21:58)
- Is Pinterest the right platform for Amazon sellers? (29:03)
- The steps to starting a successful Pinterest marketing strategy (35:46)
- Kate’s biggest success story growing client’s businesses through Pinterest (44:12)
- The biggest challenges that businesses encounter when using Pinterest (47:03)
- How Kate built her Simple Pin Media team by training women in her community (51:25)
- What Kate’s podcast has shown her about the power of the Pinterest community (54:18)
- Rapid-fire questions (58:03)
Sit back, grab a coffee, and learn how to create a Pinterest marketing strategy that will shine a spotlight on your business!