The Opportunity Ep.5: How SaaS is Outpacing Silicon Valley Startups
In this episode of The Opportunity Podcast, we will be speaking with Kevin Bastoul, Silicon Valley native and Vetting Advisor for Empire Flippers. Kevin sits down with us to explore the connection between SaaS, Silicon Valley, and online business.
Kevin discusses how he grew up around Silicon Valley and found himself at a SaaS startup in his first working role. It was location independence and hearing about the growth of the online business space that drew him away from the Valley and to Empire Flippers. Kevin’s background and Vetting experience come together as he gives great insight on SaaS trends in the industry, how to get a better valuation for a SaaS business, and where the real opportunity is for SaaS businesses to grow faster than any Silicon Valley behemoth startup.
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready to learn all about how SaaS is going to keep exploding for the future to come.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- An introduction to SaaS
- What to look for when buying a SaaS business
- Why using a broker for a SaaS acquisition helps avoid pitfalls
- How developers turned SaaS sellers can best prepare for their exit
- How to get into this industry without a tech background
- Why SaaS on our marketplace is unique in the industry as a whole
* A quick update: one of our chosen listings is no longer on the marketplace but don’t get too disappointed! We have another great listing mention that ticks some of the same boxes. Listing #48832 a SaaS business created in February 2019 in the book’s niche making an average of $18,316 per month in net profit.
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting insights into growth opportunities with online businesses? Know any useful tips when it comes to growing your online business? Either way, leave us a comment below or give us a shout on your favorite social media platform!