SaaS Link Building: Transforming Content Into Conversions With Alan Silvestri [Ep.105]
When creating content for SaaS sites, “build it and they will come” is no longer an effective strategy.
In today’s competitive landscape where Google Algorithms rule the roost, SaaS owners need to employ clever SEO techniques to make sure they drive the right traffic to their content.
According to Alan Silvestri, link-building or “digital PR” is one of the most effective ways to get eyes on your content and boost your brand recognition. Alan is the Founder and CEO of Growth Gorilla, an agency that provides high-quality, no-nonsense content distribution and link-building outreach for SaaS companies.
In this episode, Alan walks us through the tried and tested framework he uses to build high-conversion links and how to modify this framework to suit the needs of different businesses.
Link-building doesn’t exist in a black hole, and if you want the best results, you’ll need to employ additional marketing and social media strategies to support your link-building efforts. According to Alan,
“Effective link building starts with the preparation you do before you even start building links. The first thing, which is often overlooked, is to make sure that your content is top-notch. Then, focus on optimizing your internal linking structure because that can really help to make the most out of the links that you build.”
Alan also warns that not all backlinks are good, explaining the desirable qualities and red flags SaaS owners should keep an eye out for, and why quality links trump quantity every time.
If your blog content isn’t getting the recognition it deserves, then take note of Alan’s expert advice on how to open the traffic floodgates and build brand authority through strategic link building.
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #105
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Alan shares insights into his background and how he ended up working in the SaaS industry(02:51)
- The unique challenges SaaS companies face when it comes to link building (08:33)
- The framework Alan uses to build links for SaaS businesses (11:11)
- How Alan adjusts his framework to suit individual business needs (16:14)
- The red flags SaaS owners should be aware of when it comes to link building (17:45)
- The effectiveness of quality vs quantity (22:28)
- The common link-building mistakes SaaS owners make (24:03)
- Alan’s take on the power of social media vs SEO for building brand authority (27:12)
- The interesting trends Alan has seen in the SEO industry (31:09)
- Empire Flippers Podcast
- Empire Flippers Marketplace
- Schedule a call with our expert sales advisors
- Growth Gorilla
- Growth Gorilla Chrome extension
Sit back, grab a coffee, and learn how to use link-building to drive more customers to your blog content!