Ecommerce Funding 101: How to Raise Growth Capital with Leonardo Felisberto [Ep. 67]
Scaling an e-commerce business often requires large amounts of capital. Many entrepreneurs risk their financial security by bootstrapping their business without fully understanding the different funding options available to them.
This is where today’s guest, Leonardo Felisberto, steps in to save the day. Leonardo is the global head of partnerships at SellersFunding, a financial platform designed to help e-commerce sellers grow and scale their businesses through effective financial management.
In this episode, Leonardo discusses the obstacles e-commerce sellers have previously faced when applying for growth capital, and how modern seller funding can lower the barriers to entry into e-commerce businesses.
Leonardo walks us through the key criteria he looks for when approving sellers for funding and the common mistakes sellers make when trying to raise growth capital. He also explains how to set up a practical cash flow system for your business as well as the industry trends e-commerce entrepreneurs should look out for.
If you’re searching for a reliable way to secure growth capital for your e-commerce business, then you don’t want to miss out on Leonardo’s expert advice!
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #67
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- Leonardo’s journey into the world of e-commerce funding (02:20)
- How the e-commerce industry has evolved since the pandemic (04:53)
- Why previous funding options presented an obstacle to e-commerce sellers (07:52)
- How seller funding can lower the barriers to entry into e-commerce businesses (11:42)
- The criteria Leonardo looks for when approving sellers for funding (17:37)
- Common traps business owners fall into when raising capital for their business (19:42)
- The first steps to setting up an effective cash flow system (22:36)
- Real-world examples of the impact of growth capital on e-commerce businesses (27:10)
- The key piece of advice that e-com sellers should know when seeking funding (31:07)
- Trends in the e-commerce space that are exciting business owners (34:13)
Sit back, grab a coffee, and learn how to secure the growth capital that will take your e-commerce business to the next level!
great article. looking forward to contact. we have 6 months of e commerce sales and growing. average sale is 25K a month only e commerce .