The Opportunity Ep.9: The Complete Guide on Private Equity’s Growth in Online Business
In this episode of The Opportunity Podcast, we will be speaking with Alex Champagne, the Director of Sales here at Empire Flippers. Alex sat down with us to discuss the rapid-fire changes private equity (PE) is bringing to the online business space.
Alex goes over the earliest days of Empire Flippers and PE and how we went from fear of getting burned on early deals to transacting easily with the influx of PE buyers. Around 15-20% of our deals are currently with PE buyers, meaning they’re a force to be reckoned with. Alex lays out how sellers can best prepare if they want to catch the attention of PE, why private equity is making huge gains in the online space, and how an “overnight” market shift is going to dictate how we do business moving forward.
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready to dive deep into PE’s takeover of digital assets.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How you can optimize your business to catch the eye of private equity.
- What PE is looking for when performing due diligence on a potential acquisition.
- How Covid-19 has upended market trends in the online world.
- When is the best to sell based on rising multiples?
- Tips for buyers looking to break away from the typical 9-5 workweek.
* A quick update: one of our chosen listings is no longer on the marketplace but don’t get too disappointed! We have another great listing mention similar to listing #46644 that ticks some of the same boxes, Listing #47101, an Amazon FBA business created in December 2016 in the occasions & gifts niche.
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting insights on growth opportunities in online business? Know any useful tips when it comes to growth? Either way, leave us a comment below, give us a shout on your favorite social media platform, or leave us a great review if you’re loving the show.