The Opportunity Ep.8: How to Launch Your Way into a Million Dollars in FBA Sales
In this episode of The Opportunity Podcast, we will be speaking with Rick Baxter, an Amazon FBA and Amazon Merch buyer who owns a diverse portfolio of online businesses.
Rick got his start in entrepreneurship in the brick and mortar world and was looking for location-independent opportunities that built off his skillsets. He stumbled into the online space and felt like he could jump in knowing he’d be trained by the seller. He found an FBA business that ended up being a gem – it had the right problems he knew how to fix and had a great seller willing to train him properly. With the help of the seller, he went from excitement over making $500 in sales a day to getting comfortable with an average of $4-5K a day. Rick reaped his ROI in six months and this year he will cross a million in sales – something he never anticipated when he got started.
As Rick’s grown into his FBA expertise he’s learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way. He shares the importance of just getting started when launching products, letting the market give you the feedback you need on what works, and how to have a team of VA’s do most of the work on your business. He also shares his journey in buying an Amazon Merch business and how he’s integrated that asset into his portfolio.
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready to discover how you can “just launch” your way to a million dollars in sales.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- The difference between growth opportunities in buying an FBA business versus starting one from scratch
- How the right training with your seller can set you up for greater success as a buyer
- Timeline of when you can expect your money back after launching products
- The benefits of buying and “getting years back” from it
* A quick update: one of our chosen listings is no longer on the marketplace but don’t get too disappointed! We have another great listing mention that ticks some of the same boxes. Listing #47601 an Amazon FBA and eCommerce business created in September 2018 in the equipment niche making $23,913 on average per month in net profit.
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting insights on growth opportunities in online business? Know any useful tips when it comes to growth? Either way, leave us a comment below, give us a shout on your favorite social media platform, or leave us a great review if you’re loving the show.