EFP 55: Is The 4HWW Still Relevant In 2013?
You can’t deny that Tim Ferris’s book “The 4-Hour Workweek” was a game-changer for many of us that became disillusioned with traditional life scripts and were looking for a fresh way to live, work, and build businesses…but are the principles in the book still relevant in 2013?
Just How Effective is The 4 Hour Work Week Today?
That’s the question we set out to answer in a round-table discussion this week. We were happy to invite our friends Damian Thompson from Linchpin.net and Dan Andrews from the LifestyleBusinessPodcast.com on the show to knock around some of the major points discussed by Tim in the book and to see if some of the key points still ring true.
If you’d read the book or at all involved in lifestyle design, bootstrapped business, or living the expat entrepreneur lifestyle…you’re gonna dig this show.
Check Out This Week’s Episode Here:
Direct Download – Right Click, Save As
“It’s a lot easier to automate yourself out of a 40K/month business than to create one from scratch” – Dan – Click To Tweet!
“The idea that you’re gonna wait until this magical time, years down the road…is just ridiculous” – Damian – Click To Tweet!
“The big takeaway for me (from the #4HWW) was the idea of empowering your employees.” – Joe – Click To Tweet!
“That’s where our opportunity lies today…filling in the hole left by the defunct ‘Supposed To…” life scripts” – Justin – Click To Tweet!
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- A muse business – Does this still fly?
- Why the term “lifestyle design” worked and “new rich” did not
- Mini-retirements and the deferred life plan
- Offshore outsourcing – is it really that simple?
- Email auto-responders – How to piss off your partners/customers/employees/_______
- Going on a media diet (or fast)
- What skills are required or in demand?
- Dumping the “Supposed to…” life scripts and filling the hole
- New 5-star iTunes reviews!
- Damian Thompson @ Linchpin.net
- Dan Andrews @ LifestyleBusinessPodcast.com
- Tim Ferriss’s book the 4-Hour Workweek
- Chris @ ChrisDucker.com
- The Monk And The Riddle – Amazon
- Tim Ferriss and Neil Strauss video
So…what do you think is still relevant regarding the 4-Hour Workweek? What do you think needs to be updated or changed? Let us know on Twitter, drop us a message, or leave us a comment below!