The Opportunity Ep.13: From Footballer to Portfolio Owner – How to Reinvent Your Career Through Digital Assets
In this episode of The Opportunity Podcast, we will be speaking with Josh Mitchell, a buyer of two Amazon Associates, affiliate, and display advertising businesses from our marketplace. Josh reinvented his career from footballer to full-blown online business portfolio owner and explains how he rapidly scaled his businesses in a few short years.
In this interview, Josh highlights how he overcame common challenges in the content space — from one page dominating traffic to buying a site with PBNs. With time and many lessons learned along the way, Josh has managed to double one of his acquisitions and scaled the other to a seven-figure valuation from just a $90K initial investment. He lays out a roadmap for how he’s done it and what others can learn from his experience.
Sit back, grab a coffee, and get ready to learn how to reshape your life and career through online business acquisitions.
Listen to This Episode
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How failures helped Josh towards his first acquisitions
- How to incorporate lead generation into a content-based business
- Best content strategies for scaling new assets
- How to create a team to support a portfolio
- What kinds of questions to ask in due diligence
* A quick update: one of our chosen listings is no longer on the marketplace but don’t get too disappointed! We have another great listing mention that ticks some of the same boxes. Listing #49587 a two-site package of Amazon Associates businesses created in April 2019 making $5,881 on average per month in net profit.
We hope you enjoy the episode! Have interesting insights on growth opportunities in online business? Know any useful tips when it comes to growth? Either way, leave us a comment below, give us a shout on your favorite social media platform, or leave us a great review if you’re loving the show.