Delegate to Dominate: A Brand Aggregator’s Guide to eCommerce Growth with Ronnie Teja [Ep.120]
When it comes to eCommerce success, profitability is only one piece of the puzzle. The other, often overlooked piece, is having the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor and focus on the parts of the business that bring you the most joy and satisfaction.
But how can one achieve this balance in the fast-paced world of eCommerce?
For Ronnie Teja, the answer lies in the power of delegation.
Ronnie is a brand aggregator and the founder of Branzio watches, a business he grew to over 7 figures, all while acquiring and scaling his portfolio to include 15 different eCommerce brands.
In this episode, Ronnie opens up about the highs and lows of his entrepreneurial journey. We discuss the challenges he faced, including a lack of startup capital, getting banned by Google and Facebook, and having to fire dishonest employees. He also reveals how mental discipline and perseverance are qualities that have helped him succeed where others have failed.
We then discuss how bootstrap entrepreneurs often struggle to justify the costs of outsourcing tasks, preferring to do all of the work themselves and retain 100% control over all aspects of their business. Having fallen prey to this mindset himself, Ronnie reveals the massive improvements he saw in his business and his lifestyle when he learned to trust in the skills of specialists. According to Ronnie,
“Delegating is extremely important. It was only when I started giving away control and hiring people who are actually specialists in their field that I became successful. To give away your power and ask the right questions is the most important thing I’ve done in the past few years.“
If you want to know what it’s really like to run a large eCommerce portfolio, then this no hold barred interview with an industry titan is exactly what you’re looking for!
Listen to The Opportunity Podcast Episode #120
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- How a magazine article inspired Ronnie’s 7-figure watch brand (02:36)
- The challenges Ronnie faced with his Branzio (08:30)
- The secret sauce that helped Ronnie succeed and expand his business (13:22)
- What inspired Ronnie to branch out and start expanding his portfolio (17:18)
- Greg’s take on the current market (23:00)
- How Ronnie manages his time across his portfolio (30:26)
- A typical week in Ronnie’s life (37:07)
- Why Ronnie outsourced hiring to ensure the right people are hired for the job (40:39)
- The tools Ronnie uses to manage his teams (44:48)
- Empire Flippers Podcast
- Empire Flippers Marketplace
- Schedule a call with our expert sales advisors
- Branzio Watches
- Ronnie’s LinkedIn
- Ronnies Twitter
- Nik Sharma’s E-commerce in DTC newsletter
- Chase Diamond’s Email Marketing newsletter
Sit back, grab a coffee, and learn why delegation is the key to unlocking a new level of online business success!