AFP 33: Niche Sites Are NOT A Business
The title of this podcast may sound a little…off…coming from guys that have built thousands of niche sites. This topic is brought up pretty often from both supporters and critics and so we wanted to dig into the subject a bit and show you why we agree. We wanted to highlight some of the qualities that represent a true online business and contrast that with someone sitting at home, furiously building out niche websites.
Why Niche Sites Are Not Real Businesses
Some have fundamental misunderstandings about where the real value in our business lies. That’s likely because Internet Marketers and Entrepreneurs don’t necessarily go hand in hand…you can be one and not the other. We wanted to peel back the curtain and show you what separates niche site builders from actual businesses and explain exactly how the two cross over.
Check out this week’s episode here:
Direct Download – Right Click And Save As
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- Comparing niche sites to investments or products
- Businesses require customers
- Transitioning a niche site into a full-blown business
- Building a business AROUND niche sites
- Niche sites as a gateway
- iTunes Reviews – Another 5-star review (And some whining from Justin about not having a nickname)
- James Schramko – This guy has some brilliant processes. Check out Own The Racecourse for more info.
- IntelliTheme – We’ve launched the BEST theme for niche websites around!
- Spencer From Niche Pursuits – Building a business AROUND niche sites like a BOSS!
- Dan Norris From Inform.ly – Excellent content creator…one to watch!
- Thomas Smale From Flipping Enterprises – THE top broker for selling online websites and properties…has more buyers than sellers!
- Tweaky.com – Really cool service that allows you to present your web development project and they break it down into $29 steps…great for “tweaking” your site!
What did you think about this episode? (Sorry about the scratchy intro…ugh) Please let us know in the comments below or feel free to say hi on Twitter! You can also use Speakpipe to leave us a message below! (Don’t worry…you can stop and start over if it doesn’t come out right the first time!)