AFP 28: Business Idea Faceoff
We were having a conversation with John The Intern a couple of weeks ago about how Joe and I have significantly different approaches to business. Based on that conversation, we thought it would be interesting to lay out a few different business ideas to see what we might do differently to make them profitable.
The Business Idea Face Off!
John’s the moderator for the faceoff and we were given the following rules:
- $500 starting capital (Unless you state otherwise)
- Must reach $5,000 net per month within a year (or state otherwise)
- Cannot simply recreate the AdSense Flippers process
- Cannot use current audience (Listeners, email subscribers, blog readers, etc.)
Here are the four different business ideas presented:
- Build a team and a business through oDesk
- Build, monetize, and/or flip one website to hit revenue goals
- Launch a profitable podcast
- Sell Kindle ebooks to hit revenue goals
Check out this week’s episode here:
Direct Download – Right Click And Save As
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- The TropicalMBA crew and their latest workshop in Puerto Galera
- An update on our Internship and Ryan’s help in building a CRM Building a business around an oDesk team
- Authority site creation and monetization strategy
- Podcasting for a profit
- Killing it with Kindle ebooks
- Sexy, bed-friendly earbuds and study hacks you could blow a weekend on
- TropicalMBA – Our friends Dan and Ian kicking ass in Puerto Galera…will be visiting them in Bangkok in October.
- vTiger CRM – A highly-functional (Tier 2?) CRM we’re building out for AdSense Flippers
- Niche Site Expansion at SPI – Pat Flynn’s write-up on expanding his niche site and taking it to the next level.
- BedPhones.com – A slick product…bedphones are earbuds that are soft and won’t bother you while you’re in bed.
- CalNewport.com – Unconventional tips and tricks towards being successful. (Careful…the content’s addicting!)
Now…over to you!
What do you think about the methods and strategies laid out in this episode? Anything you love? Anything you hate? Let us know in the comments below or feel free to say hi on Twitter! Or…you can use SpeakPipe to leave a message below and have a chance to be featured in the next podcast!