AFP 11: Maximizing Efficiency As Internet Entrepreneurs
Many people working in the Internet Marketing industry are doing it part-time and it can be extremely difficult to stay focused after a full day at work. For those of us who do it for a living, it’s critical that we effectively use our time rather than getting sucked down the rabbit hold of random surfing or getting involved in deals that don’t match our skillsets or goals. It’s extremely easy to be busy, but much more difficult to be effective.
Creating the Ultimate Efficiency as an Internet Entrepreneur
In episode 11 of the AdSense Flippers Podcast, we cover our best tips for maximizing efficiency through explaining and detailing a move from task-based to project-based management, discussing when and how you should say no to new projects, and how best to manage your daily schedule to improve the effectiveness of your work.
It was interesting for us having “John the intern” on the podcast as we thought he brought a fresh perspective and inquisitiveness to the show. Did you like it as well? Let us know on iTunes! Here’s the link to the podcast on iTunes. Thanks in advance!
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- Introducing John “The Intern” as he finally made it over here to Davao!
- How to effectively transition from doing it yourself to task-based management and then finally to project-based management.
- Organizing tasks is for small business owners, organizing projects is for entrepreneurs.
- Why saying “No” to money can make you more of it!
- How to tell people “No” and keep them engaged so that you can ultimately get to a deal where you can say “Yes”.
- Pointing people away from you and towards others when you can’t do it well is the right move.
- Increase the urgency of what you’re working on to get it done and take breaks away from your computer
- Great email tips to improve your efficiency and to help make getting to “Inbox Zero” fun!
- AdSense Flippers Podcast on iTunes – Check it out!
- Our latest Flippa auction – 5 day auction starting 2/23/12 $121/month 20 sites 4K Uniques/month…
check it out here! Sold…wow, that went quick!
- Hell Yeah!…or No – Great post on when to say no to projects from Derek Sivers
- The Dip – Awesome and quick read from Seth Godin…much of which talks about when, how, and why you should say no to projects
- The AdSense Lifestyle – Joe’s post about a typical day in the life of an AdSense Flippers partner
- Four Hour Work Week – Great book overall that talks about batching tasks and process-oriented businesses
- Boomerang – Plugin for gmail that allows you to schedule the sending of emails or will remove and replace an email in your inbox after a certain period of time
- “The Email Game” – From Emailga.me that turns getting to Inbox Zero into a game
- Evernote – Great cloud-based note taking that syncs across all your platforms