Episode 10 AdSense Flippers Podcast: Our Business Failures And Lessons Learned
Lately we’ve been doing quite a bit more earning than “learning”, but that wasn’t always the case…we’ve had quite a few failures we had to learn from first. In episode 10 of the AdSense Flippers Podcast, we decided to get a bit more personal and share with you and clarify some of those failures we’ve had over several companies we’ve been involved in. It seems so much easier to write blog posts about your failure than it does to talk about them openly, but we’re hoping that by sharing with you our experiences and lessons learned, you’ll be able to avoid some of the mistakes we’ve made and quickly make corrections if you see any of the same problems looming in your business. Additionally, we’re hoping that talking about them will help us avoid falling into the same traps and be able to better recognize when similar situations are presented to us in the future.
Business Failures and Lessons
We really have had more failures than successes it seems, which is typical for most start-ups and entrepreneurs. We’ve broken the heart of the episode into three distinct areas that include our Real Estate business, our outsourcing company, and our internet marketing efforts over the past 14 months. We cover both the reasons we think we fell into the traps we did and the things we took away from those mistakes that will help us avoid similar issues in the future.
This week’s episode was a bit rough for us…we hope you get some value out of it. If you thought it was helpful, please consider letting us know what you think on iTunes! Here’s the link to the podcast on iTunes. Thanks in advance!
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- The AdSense Flippers Facebook page and our latest iTunes review in Russian…sweet!
- A new KW research tool we’ve been testing and one of those “ebooks” that wasn’t as bad as we thought!
- Poor partnership and planning doesn’t make for a sound business strategy
- Failing to pivot correctly and clinging to a dying industry sucks…
- There are no guarantees when it comes to contracts…ouch!
- Providing a unique value proposition can help you avoid a race to the bottom when it comes to pricing
- Cancerous staff can bring down the organization…cut them quickly
- Specialize, but make connections in related industries to share the wealth
- When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, get ready quickly so that you can come out running
- AdSense Flippers Facebook Page – Check it out!
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus – Joe’s new phone…best Android phone out right now, IMO.
- SECockpit – KW Research tool we’re testing out right now…think we prefer LongTailPro, but giving it a shot!
- 100K AdSense Blueprint – An ebook so…meh…but pretty concise report for building your AdSense empire.
- Our Partnership Podcast Episode – We didn’t want to rehash too much, but you can listen to our thoughts on partnerships here. Make sure to check out our interview on the LifeStyleBusinessPodcast on the same topic!
- TryBPO – Our current outsourcing company.
- TwitArt – Our Twitter background company that’s died out quite a bit since we originally purchased it.
- QuickBooks Online – Great resource for tracking your revenue/expenses…particularly useful in breaking down your profit on a project by project basis. Cloud-based, which is great for us!