AFP 31: 7 Actionable Strategies For The Marketing Challenged
Have you ever had a great business idea, but when it came down to selling it or getting your product out there you felt stuck? Have you sat down to start promoting your blog and didn’t know where to start? This podcast episode is for you!
7 Tactics for the Marketing Challenged
We were talking to “John The Intern” about how to promote his business and he started telling us how frustrating it can be when you don’t know where to start. Should you just post content and hope they come to your site? Should you reach out to A-List bloggers and hope for a guest post? We sat down this week to discuss our thoughts on the best marketing strategies for new businesses and blogs. We’re far from the best marketers out there, but we thought we could share some strategies for us “non-marketers” that do actually work.
Check out this week’s episode here:
Direct Download – Right Click And Save As
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- Ways to pinpoint your target market
- How to iterate on the success of your competitors
- Using backlinks to target interview opportunities
- Systematizing your marketing efforts
- Splitting your time between outreach and content creation
- Our 99designs contest – We want a new look for AdSense Flippers and went back to 99designs to get it done!
- Blog Weekend Bootcamp – A great event we attended in Davao City to help out new and intermediate bloggers in the Philippines.
- Ria Jose – Well known Davao blogger…was great to hang out with her this last weekend!
- Codecademy – Great for learning the basics of several different programming languages. For beginners!
- LeadPlayer from Clay Collins – The link is to Pat Flynn’s EXCELLENT review of this WordPress plugin.
Now…over to you! Any marketing tips for non-marketers you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below or feel free to say hi on Twitter! Or…you can use SpeakPipe to leave a message below and have a chance to be featured in the next podcast!