EFP 187: 7 Habits Of Successful Portfolio Buyers
Portfolio buyers take a professional approach to buying businesses, often owning several or even dozens of businesses. In this episode, Joe & I discuss some of the habits of our most successful portfolio buyers to see what they have in common.
Listen in to catch all 7 secrets and set yourself up for success. We cover everything from how these buyers approach deals, handle due diligence, communicate with sellers, and fund their deals.
While this is a valuable episode for sellers and portfolio buyers, there is plenty of great information for other types of buyers as well.
Check Out This Episode:
Direct Download – Right Click, Save As
Topics Discussed This Week:
- Don’t Take Deals Personally
- Buy Deals Where They Have Strategic Advantage
- Pre + Post Due Diligence Process
- Often Look For Ways To Keep Seller Involved
- Team In Place
- Honest And Direct With Sellers
- Fund Deals Quickly
- EF Listing # 46255 an Amazon Associate Site in the Survival and Security Niche
- Alpha Investors on How to Buy a Profitable Website
- Dustin Christensen @ Blogger Dad on Flipping Websites
Spread the Love:
“These portfolio buyers are less likely to lose a deal over something silly, something ego-driven…and really focus on the business aspect of what’s going on” – Justin – Tweet This!
“If you’re a portfolio buyer — or honestly, any type of buyer — and you’re dealing with competing offers, that’s a really good reason to understand the seller’s needs.” – Justin – Tweet This!
“[Portfolio buyers] don’t look for a deal with a plan to hire a new team.” – Justin – Tweet This!