How do you go about building an honest-to-goodness online empire?
That’s the question we aim to answer as part of our new “Empire Building” series on the podcast. First up, we’ve got Billy Murphy from ForeverJobless.com.
To be honest, I wasn’t entirely sure about this interview going into it. Sure, he’d been on Mixergy, had hundreds of comments on each of his first three blog posts, was hanging around A-listers on the interwebz, etc. But…just because you’re a good connector/marketer doesn’t mean you’ve got real business chops.
After a quick chat with Andrew Youderian and a few minutes into the call with Billy, I realized he was both a marketer AND knows his shit when it comes to building eCommerce sites, niche selection, branding, etc. He opened up about his successes and failures in getting started with eCommerce, his revenues from various profit streams, and how he’s leveraging his smaller eCommerce sites to build out a massive brand.
This is one you’ll want to listen to…check it out!
Check Out This Week’s Episode Here:
Direct Download – Right Click, Save As
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- Connecting with a local dev shop and our Marketing Apprentice position
- Buying a “too good to be true” eCommerce site on Flippa
- Interesting ways to split equity in a limited partnership or joint venture
- An eCommerce disaster and lessons learned
- Niche selection tactics that work
- Why diversification may be the worst thing you can do with your new venture
- Leveraging business strengths and building a community
- iTunes Reviews
- Billy @ ForeverJobless.com
- John @ AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com – Ultimate guide to finding and exploiting expired domains.
So – what are your thoughts about building an eCommerce empire? What do you like/dislike about his approach to building out new profit streams? Let us know on Twitter, drop us a voice recording, or leave us a comment – we’d love to hear from you!