What’s life REALLY like as an expat living in the Philippines? This is a question we got from a listener a couple of weeks ago and we realized we’d never really gone into depth about what it’s like here. Did you have visions of us sipping tropical drinks on the beach while we run Flippa auctions and build sites? Maybe you thought we were huddled in the corner of a Nipa hut, dodging the raindrops from the leaky roof and wolfing down some dog BBQ?
It’s interesting to hear some of the myths and distortions about life here and we thought we’d dispel some of those in the podcast. It’s a fantastic place, but it definitely has some disadvantages that we’ll cover as well.
Check out this week’s episode here:
Direct Download – Right Click And Save As
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- Cost Of Living
- Grapes are gold but mangos aplenty!
- Living Conditions
- Pockets of luxury Attitudes Towards Expats
- The VIP treatment Cultural Differences
- False sense of familiarity Business In The Philippines
- DMV on steroids
- iTunes Reviews – Another 2 5-star iTunes reviews!
- Cost Comparison US vs Philippines - Here’s a great resource to get a feel on costs between the two countries.
- Life In The Philippines – Check out our Facebook gallery for pictures on life in the Philippines.
- Do.com and Trello.com – Two cloud-based task management services to check out.
What did you think about this episode? Is the Philippines a place you’d like to visit/live or did we scare you away? Let us know in the comments below or feel free to say hi on Twitter! You can also use Speakpipe to leave us a message below! (Don’t worry…you can stop and start over if it doesn’t come out right the first time!)