EMD’s are dead! You HAVE to build links to stand a chance! Google HATES niche sites!
We get questions, comments, and emails mentioning these types of things all the time. Sometimes mis-information is distributed by those who stand to profit from our believing it. (Selling you tools, ebooks, or coaching that profits from our fear) Other times it’s a misunderstanding of the data (small sample size, confusing correlation with causation) or a regurgitation of that information by well-intentioned “connectors“.
How do we know that these eight points are REALLY misconceptions? We don’t know for sure. We’re not SEO experts and don’t claim to be, but we know enough to call out those that aren’t either. The problem with SEO is that it’s vague, ever-changing, and a perfect industry for fraudsters and deception tactics. We take on some of this in the episode. Whether you agree with us on these points or not, we’re hoping this stands as a reminder to be critical of ANYONE who’s “sure” when it comes to what works and what doesn’t in regards to SEO, rankings, etc.
Check out this week’s episode here:
Direct Download – Right Click And Save As
Topics Discussed This Week Include:
- CRM Migration, Site Redesign, IntelliTheme Beta, and Joe knocking out some calls to listeners! Does Google really hate niche sites?
- SEO: Everyone’s an expert… Why (as a buyer) you might prefer sites that are NOT on the first page.
- Software to track rankings, giving Squidoo another look, and adding additional users to your AdSense account
- Andy Hayes – We hired Andy to do a “Top To Bottom” website review of AdSense Flippers and were impressed with his report!
- Whoosh Traffic – We use this service to track rankings across our sites, send rankings reports to potential customers, etc. Starts at $19/month.
- Claire from SkefflingsMakeMoneyOnline.com – She’s done some interesting stuff with Squidoo in recent months. Check out her per-page monthly earnings from Squidoo here.
- SEOmoz EMD Report – Interesting report on EMD’s from SEOmoz that Joe mentioned.
- Adding Users To Your AdSense Account – Find out more about how to add users to your AdSense account here.
- Rank Modifying Google Patent – SEOByTheSea has a great write-up on this issue.
Now…over to you! What have you heard from the “experts” regarding ranking that just doesn’t seem right? Any thing you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below or feel free to say hi on Twitter! Or…you can use SpeakPipe to leave a message below and have a chance to be featured in the next podcast!